Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You've Been Cancelled: Television Shows I'm Going To Miss

We all have that moment of dismay when we find out that one of our favorite television shows is no longer going to be with us.  Here's what I'm going to miss this year.

The Gates (ABC)-ABC's supernatural crime drama only made it through the short summer of 2010.  Yes, the vampire genre is over-saturated.  We have the Twilight Franchise in movie theaters and "The Vampire Diaries" over on the CW, but something about this series hooked me.  Maybe it was just the hotness of seeing Rhona Mitra on my TV screen every week.  However, I'll still miss this show.

As the World Turns (CBS)-One of my favorite soapers of all time ended on September 17th, 2010.  I started watching ATWT when I was a college student and became an instant fan of the residents of Oakdale.  

Caprica (Syfy)-Syfy canned this series when it finally seemed that it was hitting on all cylinders.  I can't believe they cancelled this show, yet Ghost Hunters and Wrestling stay on the channel.  The final five remaining episodes will be aired in a marathon showing on January 4, 2011.  Syfy is working on yet another BSG prequel called "Blood and Chrome" which is supposed to be similar in tone to BSG...I don't know if I'll trust Syfy with another new show, yet.  I'll take a wait and see approach to anything new that Syfy has to offer for a long time.

Stargate Universe (Syfy)-Another blow from Syfy came when they announced that they were cancelling SG:U after half the second season had aired.  There are 10 remaining episodes and they will be aired sometime in the spring of 2011.

There you have it folks...my short list of television shows that I'm going to miss.

-Bill






No comments:

Post a Comment