Thursday, January 6, 2011

Quickie

Just a quickie-type post tonight.

I've been searching my butt off tonight trying to figure out how and where the FarmVille fan sites are getting a hold of images of unreleased content.  All the searching is starting to give me a headache and the hours just keep melting away.  

So far, I have found the sound of a pig oinking.  I guess I should be happy that I've been able to find that much, but I thirst for more.  I want to see what's coming up in FarmVille without having to rely on other sources to find it for me.

Wish me luck folks, it's going to be a long night morning.

-Bill

UPDATE:  I'm now able to find some images that reside server-side, but nothing that isn't already in the game.  This is progress!


2 comments:

  1. I know this isn't super helpful, but on another game, I used to be friends with a guy who always had these unreleased images. He said he looked in the server files, and could somehow tell if something new was added.
    Later one of the devs found out and told him if he did it again, he'd be banned. Not sure if he stopped or not, but he never shared with me after that ;D

    Without knowing much about how servers work, I don't know how one would look for anything, but you seem to have a good start, and I wish you look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what I've been doing is basically looking at the traffic that gets passed back and forth between the server and my computer...I'll have to dig a little bit deeper, I think to find what I want to find...but that's part of the fun in learning how things work...the constant unveiling of new layers :)

    ReplyDelete