Monday, January 10, 2011

The Cape

NBC's new show, The Cape, had its 2 hour premier episode tonight.  It's the return of costumed heroes and villains on television!

I've suffered some disappointment lately when it comes to the television shows that I like to watch.  My favorites usually end up cancelled by the corporate suits.  I've decided to take another chance on a show and I'm hoping it gets to stick around for a while.

The Cape stars David Lyons (ER) as Detective Vince Faraday.  After being framed for the assassination of Palm  City's new police chief, Faraday is rescued by members of the Carnival of Crime led by Max Malini.  After gaining the trust of the members of the Carnival and finding a really cool cape, Faraday is taken under the wing of Max who has trained a generation of illusionists, escape artists, hypnotists and other carny types to show that one man can make a difference.

Did I like The Cape?  You bet I did!  It wasn't overly gritty, deep, and dark.  It was camp without becoming too campy and melodrama without being overly melodramatic.  It was a fun ride.  I'll definitely be tuning in Monday nights to watch more adventures of The Cape.

Cast:
David Lyons (ER)-Vince Faraday/The Cape
Jennifer Ferrin (As the World Turns)-Dana Faraday
Ryan Wynott (Flash Forward)-Trip Faraday
Keith David (Pitch Black)-Max Malini
James Frain (True Blood)-Peter Fleming/Chess
Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles)-Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment