Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Few Thoughts

Bill here-

A few thoughts came to me over the course of the day.

A few days ago a man was severely beaten and left to die on the sidewalk.  The victim later died at the hospital.  Luckily the local PD has arrested four young men (and I use that term very lightly) and charged them with 2nd degree murder.

There are people here in the community that are describing these four young men as "good kids".  Let me just tell you something.  "Good kids" don't go around allegedly beating people to death at 1:30 in the morning.  Some say it was just kids making bad decisions.  Let me tell you something.  A bad decision is calling in sick to work when you're not really sick and getting caught at the movies by a co-worker that has the day off.  Some say that these four young men didn't mean for their alleged victim to die.  Let me tell you something.  I don't give a damn what they meant to happen.  The end result is the same.  A man is dead due to their alleged actions.  A family is now without a husband, father and brother.  I don't care if these four young meant to kill anyone.  The end result is that a man is dead.

"Good kids" don't resort to 4 on 1 violence.  "Good kids" aren't out roaming the streets like a pack of hungry wolves looking for a meal at 1:30AM.  "Good kids" don't beat someone unconscious and then run away.  "Good kids" don't murder another human being.

Justice will be served, and if there is any righteousness left in the world, these "Good kids" will spend a long time away from the rest of society where the real good kids live.

Until next time,
Bill

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I guess the peoples blindness is partly why kids grow up to act this way. "My kid murdered someone, but he/she is a good kid" I couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete