Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bad Mood

Greetings-

Sorry everyone.  Just not feeling it today, so this will be a very short entry.  I'm frustrated, disappointed, and more than a little bit angry at the Zynga team.  

Yesterday afternoon I logged onto Facebook and was looking forward to a wonderful day playing and chatting with a few hundred of my favorite people on earth.  As I read through the news feed, a rather disturbing piece of news from FarmVille Rant caught my eye.

It seems that Zynga has decided to limit our bonus collecting from the news feed for FarmVille to 125 items per day.  Here's what they had to say about it over at FarmVilleRant.com:
This will upset Farmers and will most likely make the few who are left close their barn doors and call it quits. Farmville has OFFICIALLY limited the amount of gifts you can now collect from your news feed in an effort to curb online cheating bots like the GU Snag Bar.
You can read the rest of the article at the link above.

Once again, a few noisy whiners have ruined the experience of the game for everyone else.

I'm trying to get a small protest going over on Facebook.  Here's what I'd like people to do.  "Unlike" all Zynga applications and official Zynga pages.  Perhaps watching their numbers fall will wake them up to the fact that without us, there would be no Zynga.  I also encourage all of you out there that usually buy Farm Cash to stop doing so until they remove the bonus limits.  We need to hit Zynga in the wallet.  When we affect their profit margin, perhaps they will begin to listen to us.  We are farmers; we are everywhere; and we have the power to take a stand and force Zynga to change.

Until next time,
-Bill-

1 comment:

  1. You've got my vote. I actually need FC, but will refrain from buying it. I think it's funny people whined about stuff being snatched up by bots, I am confident 98% of the time it was just people playing the game the way it was intended. My sis used to run a bot (GU) and she would laugh,because when I posted a foal, 5 of my friends were ALWAYS faster than her bot.
    Now we all have to suffer because some people expected to always get stuff, without having to watch the feed for it.

    ReplyDelete