Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More Maintenance on FarmVille Today

Surprise!-

Some of us tried to log into our farms today and got surprised by downtime for maintenance again.  The only thing that wasn't surprising about this week's maintenance window was the fact that things were all sorts of screwy once everything came back online.

I'd really be interested in finding out what the folks at Zynga are doing behind the scenes when they pull the game for these maintenance windows.  Are they busy cleaning up code?  Are they optimizing the coding that's there in order to clear up some performance issues, or are they simply piling more bad code on top of the bad coding that already exists?

If there's anyone out there in the interwebz that knows what the heck these maintenance windows are fixing, please feel free to let me know..

So, what do all of you think was going on behind the curtain today during the downtime?  Let me know down in the comments.

Until next time,
-Bill-

In all seriousness, I complain because I want Zynga to hear me.  I complain because I want this game to continue to get better.  I complain because I love my farm and I love to share with my neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment